33nd Meeting of the Danish Society for Flow Cytometry
- 33rd Meeting, Aarhus, 29 October 2004.
- a cytometric syndrome worth aquiring
- a primer on selection of fluorochromes and conjugation techniques.
In the light of the availability of more than six channels for data acquisition on serially produced flow cytometers and the expansion of the range of available small activated fluorochromes the selection of directly conjugated antibodies to fluorochromes of choice becomes an issue worth considering. We can tackle this issue by offering a workshop on conjugation including quality control of the conjugate - bring your own antibody and conjugate it to a fluorochrome of your choice.
Organizers: Hans Jürgen Hoffmann and Bjarne Møller.
- Antibody Conjugation Workshop (09:00-12:00)
Bartholinbygningen, Ole Worms Allé, 8000 Århus C.
Instructors: Mario Roederer & Hans Jürgen Hoffmann.
Registration: The workshop is limited to 18 participants. Members of DSFCM will have priority. Register for the workshop by e-mail to Hans Jürgen Hoffmann.
The workshop is sponsored by Molecular Probes / Invitrogen Detection Technologies.
- 09:00–10:30 Conjugation reactions and separation of antibody from unreacted dye.
- 10:30–12:00 Test of antibodies in 3 groups
- Polychromatophilia Symposium (12:45-17:00)
Auditorium 2, Auditoriehuset, Wilhelm Meyers Allé, Aarhus University.
All are welcome. Registration is not necessary.
- 12:45–13:15 Results of the conjugation workshop.
- 13:15–14:15 Multicolor Flow Cytometry: The future is now! - Mario Roederer, ImmunoTechnology Section and Flow Cytometry Core, Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA. Abstract (sponsored by BD).
- 14:15–15:00 Alexa Fluor dyes and Zenon: A perfect combination for Flow Cytometry - Dimitri Pappaioannou, Molecular Probes / Invitrogen Detection Technologies, Leiden, The Netherlands. Abstract.
- 15:00–15:45 Chemokine receptor expression identifies pre-Th1, pre-Th2 and non-polarized cells among human CD4+ central memory T cells - Jens Geginat, Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Bellinzona, Switzerland. Abstract (sponsored by Serotec).
- 16:00-17:00 Data jamming – informal conjugation of participants and snacks at the Bartolin Buildings common room.